Namibia is an experience not to be missed. Book your odyssey today.
From the cold blue Atlantic Ocean bordering the harsh Namibia desert in the west to the red sand dunes of the Kalahari in the east. Exploring the changing landscape for the lush green Okavango delta in the north, to the dry grass planes in the south of Namibia will bring you the travel experience of a live time. With 11 ethnic groups living in harmony in Namibia there is no other place that will bring the peace and quiet that you will experience touring our country. With only 2 million people living in Namibia you will be able to enjoy nature as it was intended. At the end of the day you can unpack and enjoy the most beautiful sunsets.
An abundance of wildlife and great landscapes
Four of the big 5 can be seen in the Etosha Game reserve. Wander back thousands of years with the Welwitschia, the only living fossil plant while exploring the planes of Damaraland. You will find rock paintings that tell stories of people wandering the earth long ago. With burned out mountains and petrified sand dunes you will be left speechless of the power and secrets that nature can keep. Travelling to Sossusvlei might just surprise you with a sporadic summer storm that will be a once in a livetime experience.
Windhoek is the capital of Namibia and host a kaleidoscope of entertainment that will fill your days and night with never ending fun. And if the hustling and bustling of the city is becoming to much there is a quite lodge or game farm “just around the corner”. Finding a resting place for the night is as easy as “drive” as there are accommodation establishments catering for everyone, wheater you will be camping or staying in a hotel or lodge.
The coastal town of Swakopmund will have you mesmerised with its old German and modern Namibian architecture. You can enjoy breakfast in one of the many coffees shops or go for a picnic on the beach. All over Namibia you will find small towns with friendly people always ready to be of assistance no matter what you might or might not need.
General Information about Namibia
Weather: Typical semi-desert. During the day it is quite hot - at night it cools down. In general the winter days are pleasant, but at night the temperatures drop to below 0 degrees Centigrade. At the coast, the mornings and the evenings are cool and misty. The rainy season falls between October and April - the showers normally do not last for longer than half an hour. The rest of the year is cloudless and dry.
- Banks: Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 15:30. Saturday: 09:00 - 11:00
- Credit Cards: Master and Visa Cards are widely accepted, American Express and Diners Cards might be refused in some places.
- Currency: The South African Rand and the Namibia Dollar are accepted country-wide. (R1 = N$1)
- Customs: Overseas visitors are allowed to bring 1 litre of spirit, 2 litres of wine, 300ml of perfume, 400 cigarettes, 50 cigars and 250g of tobacco into Namibia.
- Fuel: Every town has fuel, therefore it is not necessary to carry jerry cans.
- Water: The water in the hotels and rest-camps is drinkable.
- Electricity: 220/240 Volts are being used in the whole country. At some places electricity is supplied by a generator.
- Language: The national language is English, but German and Afrikaans is spoken in most places.
- Safety: Nothing should be left visible and / or unattended in your vehicle.
- Tips: 10% of the total bill is usual as a tip for satisfied service.
Driving on Namibian roads
As lovely as the self-drive tour might be, as dangerous are our streets/roads if you are not used to them. The experience you might have gained through driving in Europe does very seldom apply to the Namibian roads. Here you will find information about Driving on Namibian roads.
Touristic Highlights of Namibia
Whether touring from the cold blue Atlantic Ocean bordering the harsh Namibian desert and the wild uninhabitable Skeleton coast in the west to the red sand dunes of the Kalahari in the east, or exploring the changing landscape of the lush green Okavango delta in the north to the dry grass planes in the south ,Namibia will bring you the travel experience of a life time. Read more about the Highlights of Namibia